The first moment I had was
with pathos. We spent a lot of time together over the past few weeks and we
formed a close relationship. We became best friends, learning about each other,
feeding off of each other's ideas. But in all actuality I learned a lot about
pathos. I think it's important to study different concepts and ideas because
when you do research on different topics, because you get to know that topic
really well. Research is important to expand one's knowledge, and the research
I did on pathos for my newsletter brought us close. Pathos is really important
in writing, but also in life and this became clear to me as I did my research.
The second moment I had was when I met the rhetorical
situation for the second or third time. I had previously run into rhetorical
situation before in previous English classes. It was nice and all but
rhetorical situation was a little strange and I didn’t understand it. I have a
lot of friends who hang out with RS but I never understood why…until now. Until
I came into this class, I was lost and confused and stayed away from any
conversation that was talking about RS. Now I have become friends with RS and I
understand what it’s all about. The concept and ideas about context, discourse,
the relationship with the reader and writer are really important in writing and
now that I’m a friend with RS, I can improve my writing. Forming close
relationships with concepts that are as important as rhetorical situation
matter because these concepts are critical to writing. Everyone will continue
writing through their entire lives, whether it is for their job, a job
application, or for the weekly parent newsletter for your child’s school.
The third moment I had was with blogs. This was the first
time that I had met blogs and actually wrote one. I had previously run into
blogs briefly when I was reading Bloggers
On the Bus by Eric Boehelert. This was really my first introduction to the
blogging world. This book showed how blogs became popular and discussed their
influence on political campaigns. After reading this book I realized that there
was a whole blogging world that exists, yet I’ve never been apart of it.
Sometimes you don’t like something until someone makes you do it, and that was
the case with blogging and I. I never thought of blogging on my own, and had
thought it was a waste of time but after it became apart of our assignments to
write weekly blog posts online, I realized that I really enjoyed it. I like how
blogs are informal, and you can talk like how you would speak. I think it’s
important to continuously be writing, and with these weekly blogs we are
getting practice writing on an almost daily basis. I think that I have become
more comfortable with my writing as a person because I am writing so often
through the blogs.
Overall I think that I have had some good moments and built
some strong friendships with the concepts that we cover in class. Doing the
blogs really helps digest the readings and communicate my thoughts on them, and
the conversations in class continuously help me become more comfortable with my
peers and my own thoughts. I think that this quarter has gone really well and I
have learned a lot so far, and am excited to learn more as the quarter progresses!
.jpg)


First off, I really like how you are treating Pathos, Rhetorical Situation, and Blogs like your friends. It's fun, it's catchy, and it honestly makes sense. Pathos is really one of the things I used to struggle with (I had no finesse) and it really made personality and feeling flow much more freely. Rhetorical Situation is my BEST friend too. Everything about writing just makes sense with knowledge of Rhetorical Situation. We will be writing well into the future and Rhetorical Situation really does help. Blogs, to me, are a good way to get my thoughts on paper in stream of consciousness. It is really good to get daily practice with them. Writing doesn't seem so foreign after writing a zillion blog posts; it's more like a practiced sport.
ReplyDeleteHi Christine,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your first two moments and how you personified pathos and rhetorical situation. I thought that was really cool and a fun way to think about it. For me, I liked learning about the three in unison and seeing how they all complemented each other. Rhetorical situation was tough for me too; it still somewhat confuses me. Overall, I liked your reflection. Nice job.
I agree with you when you talk about blogs. It was the first time that I wrote on a blog and I was pretty hesitant the first week. But now I am more comfortable and it makes my writing more confident because it is informal. Also writing on an almost daily basis improved my general skills in writing.
ReplyDelete